Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer is a very common type of cancer that affects all parts of the mouth, tongue, and lips. Early detection is critical to the successful treatment of oral cancer, so at Pinnacle Dental Group, we are the first line of defense.
What are some of the signs of oral cancer?
If you have any of the following signs of oral cancer, Contact Us immediately for a thorough examination:
- A sore or lesion that bleeds easily and does not heal in two weeks
- Any change in color to parts of your mouth
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing, or speaking
- Pain, tenderness, or numbness anywhere in your mouth
What are the risk factors that can lead to oral cancer?
- Chewing or smoking tobacco – 90% of patients with oral cancer use tobacco
- Frequent consumption of alcohol
- A diet low in fruits and vegetables
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight is a factor in lip cancer
- An HPV infection
- Poor oral hygiene
Along with promoting good oral hygiene, comprehensive dental exams allow dentists to detect oral cancer in a patient.
Contact Us today if you have any questions about oral cancer screenings or if you need to set up an appointment.